I get the feeling that people are in the love or hate camp when it comes to figs; If you’re in the love camp, this Fig & Almond Cake is definitely for you.
Because it’s so lightly sweetened, it’s not a terrible idea for breakfast, and is perfect with tea. It’s also surprisingly simple to make, requiring less effort than you might guess based on how gorgeous it is! Since it’s also just as wonderful when made a day ahead, it’s a great dessert to end a dinner party with.
Fig & Almond Cake
prep time: 15 minutes | cook time: 20-24 minutes | serves: 6-8
12-14 fresh figs
1/4 cup melted brown butter ghee (or ghee or butter), plus more for greasing the pan
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 and grease a 9 inch tart pan.
- Remove the stems from the figs and slice them in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the brown butter, eggs, honey and almond extract.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and arrange the figs on top, cut side up. Sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Place the tart pan onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
PIN THIS RECIPE:
All of the links on zenbellycatering.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly Catering.